Wednesday, October 20, 2010

torture

           Torture and execution in England was a big thing, they always tortured people and even their wives. The husbands would put a gossip bridle or brank over their wives heads. People in England would also do things like the rack, the iron boot, etc. if they thought that someone was a witch, or if they did anything illegal. They used the pillory if someone stole, and they would let kids walk by you when you were in it and they kids would punch, spit, pull your hair, throw stuff at you, just to make you more mad since you couldn’t do anything about it. I don’t agree with any of these things, I am happy they don’t do it to this day. Many people got hurt or even killed from all those things. It wasn’t right what they did but back then you had no word in anything only guys did and they agreed with all of these objects.
I believe that capital and corporal punishment don’t work, because people would bring their families to these things and watch people they know get killed. You think if you watch someone get hanged for something they didn’t even do you wouldn’t do that either and you would be scared. To people that was their entertainment and they enjoyed it a lot. I know if I saw someone get kicked I would never do anything back enough to get killed or injured. I don’t get why people didn’t care about seeing someone die. I would be mad and upset if I saw someone get killed, I don’t like seeing people get injured now so I would never be about to watch what they did to people back than. I strongly disagree with this and don’t under stand why anyone would do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment